DO YOU NEED HELP? Schedule Your Session Here
- determining if you need LEGAL advice or a strategy shift
- with toxic WORK ENVIRONMENT issues (hostile/discriminatory/malignant)
- PHYSICIAN PTSD, ANXIETY, DEPRESSION
- developing tangible strategies to resolve conflict with PROGRAM DIRECTORS or PHPs
- managing the challenges of CHARTING, new EMRs, RVUs and NON-COMPLIANCE
- with your LOCUMS TENENS assignment
- USMLE and COMLEX test anxiety
- HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS and what to do (Bullying/Hazing/PIMPING)
- RELATIONSHIP ISSUES complicated by work stress, PTSD, professional goals, finances.
Sydney Ashland is a Medical Practice Consultant and Certified Professional Coach with 20+ years experience using her unique, Rapid Pattern Integration Technique and proven business strategies to effect permanent change in physicians’ lives.
Here is what other healthcare professionals are saying…
“I DEFINITELY recommend a session with Sydney Ashland. She has incredible expertise in where you are right now! She provides 24/7 access by phone/Skype & is off the grid and confidential. I can’t say enough about the impact she has had on hundreds of lives.”–Pamela Wible, M.D.
“For those who are being targeted at a malignant residency program/toxic working environment, I recommend consulting with Sydney Ashland ASAP! I was fortunate to get in contact with her early on via Dr. Pamela Wible, and I am forever grateful for their help. Sydney helped navigate me through my options and provided both practical and emotional support along the way. To protect my identity, I won’t go into details about what happened. However, I will say that I achieved the most amazing outcome for my situation.” – Anonymous Resident
“I don’t know how you manage to help me find true north every time we talk, but you certainly do! Thank you, Sydney.” –K.S.
“My time with you at the retreat was fantastic. When is the next one?” –M.K.
There are answers! You don’t need to suffer in silence any longer. Minimizing or isolating will not make your PTSD go away. If you or someone you know is suffering, you are not alone. Here are the top 5 things you can do to disrupt the trauma cycle.
1) Don’t keep it a secret. Tell someone.
2) Practice centering and grounding yourself.
3) Observe your the way your unique PTSD manifests. Write down some examples of your trauma response. Where were there opportunities to interrupt the habituated pattern?
4) Differentiate your physical vs. emotional responses.
5) Disrupt the PTSD cycle with specific physical and emotional interventions. Move! Experiencing your body through movement is a huge start and can interrupt the trauma cycle of fight/flight/freeze. Once you are “back,” take charge of your self-talk and when you are ready, ask for help!
Want to find out more about why you feel so helpless when it comes to practicing medicine? Download Your Free ebook here: Headstrong and Helpless Ebook