Are you currently experiencing Holiday Fog, you know…fear, obligation and guilt? It doesn’t matter whether it’s an employer or a badly behaving family member, you deserve better. Using fear, obligation and guilt to control others is emotional blackmail or at the very best highly conflictual. You can do something about it! Stop, observe and strategize.
- Notice the controlling behaviors
- Assess the damage that has been done
- Work to self-protect
- Involve others and ask for help
- Acquire some tools like scripting. Prepare in advance so that you are not taken unawares.
- Become resourced
- Set boundaries
- Stope the destructive relationship.
You deserve to have a holiday season with filled clarity…NOT FOG.